Buy Ivermectin (Stromectol) Online: Happy Family Pharmacy
Many people believe that, nowadays, a helminthic invasion is a rather rare problem, due to improved hygienic culture. Yet, statistics show that 1 out of 4 people living on our planet suffers from this problem. Certainly, the highest risk is in those regions where the climate is hot and there are difficulties with clean water and hygienic products. Still, in practice, this problem is spread worldwide, especially among children, who are usually not as diligent in maintaining hand hygiene as adults.
Hence, it is not surprising that anthelmintic meds are one of the best-selling categories of drugs. Furthermore, Ivermectin (which can be sold under such names as Stromectol, Sklice, and others) is a first-choice product in this category.
Advantages of Ivermectin:
- An extensive scope of use. First, it is effective against ascariasis, which is one of the most frequently met parasitic infections. Besides, it can be used for overcoming such infections as strongyloidiasis, trichuriasis, lymphatic filariasis, and onchocerciasis.
- A fast effect. As a rule, it is enough to take a single dose to get rid of the infection. In the case of some infections, one may need to repeat it once a year.
- When used in recommended doses, it produces no toxic consequences. Besides, again, the treatment course is pretty short.
- It is available both as a brand product by Merck and as generic copies by multiple other manufacturers, which often are 50% (and more) cheaper but provide the same quality, safety, and therapeutic effects.
- A multifaceted action. In addition to anthelmintic properties, it is successfully applied against other parasitic infections such as pediculosis, demodicosis, etc. More to the point, it proved to work against diversified viruses, including influenza, HIV, West Nile Virus, and others.
It looks like, today, this sphere of its application arises the highest attention. Let us note right away that its action against this new coronavirus seeks further investigation. As of now, it is not allowed for use in any country, except for clinical trials.
However, certain studies show that it has both antiviral and anti-inflammatory features and can improve the condition of a patient at different stages of the disease, including severe ones. Also, research proves that it has the potential to decrease mortality and actually save lives.
Yet, again, today, it is not widely prescribed to Covid patients.
Recommendations on Administration
- Use this medicine on a doctor’s prescription only. Strictly follow the regimen.
- Administer it on an empty stomach — either 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- Drink a full glass of water to ensure its proper dissolution and absorption.
- Be ready that you will need to take a stool test to make sure the parasites are gone.
- Most infections are treated with a single dose.
- People with immune diseases may need a second dose.
- The dose and course duration are determined based on the type of infection and the body weight of a patient.
|Dosage per kg of bodyweight||Regimen|
|Onchocerciasis||0.15 mg||once a year|
|Strongyloidiasis||0.2 mg||single dose|
|Ascariasis||0.2 mg||single dose|
|Trichuriasis||0.2 mg||once a day for 3 days|
|Cutaneous Larva Migrans||0.2 mg||single dose|
|Filariasis||0.2 mg||single dose|
0.4 mg per kg + 6 mg per kg of Diethylcarbamazine
0.4 mg per kg + 6 mg per kg of Diethylcarbamazine
|once a year for 4–6 years|
|Scabies||0.2 mg||2 doses (the 2nd — in 2 weeks)|
The List of Ivermectin Side Effects
The response of your organism will depend on the type of the parasite and the severity of the infection. You must keep in mind that toxic reactions are provoked by parasites (either live or dead). The medication itself is not toxic.
So, the most frequently noticed adverse reactions are:
- skin rash and/or itching;
- digestive problems.
You are recommended to turn for medical consultation in case of any side effects, still, be ready that your doctor may advise you to continue the treatment. Most negative reactions are temporary and not dangerous for your life. Thus, if your doctor decides that the infection-related risks outweigh the side effects you face, he will not cancel your prescription. Again, in most cases, patients feel unwell because of the parasites, not the therapy.
10 Precautions to Memorize of Ivermectin at Happy Family Store
- Take it as prescribed by your doctor. Do not increase/reduce the dose or the course unless your doctor allows that.
- Do not repeat the course without a repeated medical consultation even if you suspect catching the same infection.
- Another typical mistake is splitting the pills to get a smaller dose. Remember that you cannot get a precise dose in such a way, which may affect both the effectiveness and safety of your therapy.
- If a member of your family or another person has the same symptoms as you, do not share your pills with him/her. One is allowed to take this medication only after consulting a doctor.
- Do not give this medicine to children with a body weight under 15 kg.
- In case you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, do not start the treatment until you discuss this condition with your doctor.
- Inform your doctor about all the existing health problems before starting the course. In the first place, warn about allergies, liver problems, immune disorders, and other parasitic infections (including in the past).
- Mind that mixing this product with other drugs and dietary supplements may cause dangerous reactions. For example, combining it with Warfarin may provoke severe bleeding, due to blood thinning.
- It is safer to avoid alcohol and marijuana when administering this med as both these kinds of substances often provoke dizziness and fatigue, which may be intensified by the action of the medication.
- Another related safety measure — avoid driving and other dangerous activities until you make sure you do not feel dizziness, sleepiness, tremors, seizures, or pains in the muscle after administering this drug.
- What is Ivermectin used for?
It is prescribed to treat helminthic infections mainly.
- Is it available as oral pills only?
No. There are also lotions and creams for treating head lice, scabies, and rosacea.
- What is the difference between Ivermectin and Stromectol?
There is none, in practice. It is the same product sold under different trade names. So, you can freely use a cheaper generic and save money.
- Can I use this drug if I have Covid-19?
No, unless you participate in a clinical trial. It is not authorized for wide use for this purpose so far.
- Can it be used by children?
Yes, if a patient has a body weight of more than 15 kg and has gotten a prescription from a doctor.
- Can I buy it over the counter?
No. You must provide a prescription.
- Which dose should I use?
Your doctor will calculate it depending on your body weight.
- For how long should I take it?
In most cases — one dose only.
- Can I drink alcohol?
It is highly inadvisable.
- Is it allowed to drive?
No. It is dangerous as this medicine may make you sleepy or lightheaded or cause seizures.